Monday, November 2, 2009

Nomore 200$ Anything...




This was a response I gave some1 about me "changing up" (for the better in my opinion) my price range for what I do...

Things have changed since the last time You contacted me. Definitely
no disrespect. Im not doing the 200 dollar "sale" anymore. We both
know that my talent is worth way more than that. I try to work within
peoples budgets but they always try to get the lowest price for what
they want. I know that my name sells copys or at least turns heads
for people to check it out. I feel like that alone is worth more than
200$. Don't get me wrong. I love making music. But one of the main
points in life is to find what your good at and make a living off of
it. If you would have told me about how much you make and your
situation from the beginning maybe we could have worked something out.
As an artist Im looking at you like a record label approaching an
artist because your asking me for my musical talent in such a manner.
My starting price is *this* now because of two things...
1:
The quality
and time that I put into this art.

and 2:
the fact that you have to
start your price high when you deal with labels...because usually the
label is the 1st one to throw out a super low price.

7 comments:

KON Sci MindsOne Cru said...

Just cause some kid using fruity loops/sample packs can make 10 beats a day, and charge 11 bucks for them online doesn't mean that true artestry shouldn't be appreciated. Some fools don't understand the time, creativity, and smarts it takes to chop and create new sequences/ drum patterns/ BASS LINES/ masterpieces.

Let these busters know, real recognize real and thats as real as it gets.

Plus there ain't many beat makers/producers in the world let alone the US that can mess with a Kev Brown instrumental. pause.

True talent always shines through.
DC ALLDAY!

samax said...

you're making a living with this. people need to respect that.

buttonpusha said...

I don't see how people can even try to haggle with you. If they wanna fuck with Kev Brown then they gotta pay what you ask for...plain and simple. Why would these cats even approach you about beats when they don't have the correct paperwork...

DIRTY.DUNNZ said...

I think the more effective business model is giving away music for free or at discount to select artists in exchange for money-making networking opportunities. In this game, it's less about the money, more about the opportunities; since great opportunities convert to money.

Ajani Truth said...

I produce too and do photography and used to do web design. All those areas people try to get the lowest price possible in most cases but there were a few that new my worth. Just have to seek those out and don't short change yourself...literally.

I use FL Studio..Fruity Loops among other things but I learned with photography this has nothing to do with equipment but your biggest tool......your BRAIN. People can't duplicate what's in your head and they need to pay you for that. Set the precedence brotha like you are doing.

Mahoganee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mahoganee said...

OMG!!! can you put that on repeat all day long. I get the same thing & I am sick of it. People need to learn to respect what you do for a living. Thank you for posting that...

Kev Brown Merchandise...


Browse other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

videos...