Tuesday, October 2, 2007

once again


blud bro:

" i read somewhere that Kev Brown was a asshole and bitter cause of industry ****...readin' HIS blog responses to his FEW fans seems that those speculations are true..."


Aight... i gotta wash clothes n get ready 4 this euro trip but 4 sum reason i couldnt resist respondin to this... Where do i begin?... I think this is one of those cases where the fans have "the customer is always right" mentality...Like we as the artist are supposed 2 b gracious and smiley and kind and happy go lucky, answering all questions(even tho they get asked a zilliion times over and over.(what equipment do u use?? How u do ya bass lines??),on myspace actually listening to sumbodys music when they ask to "check out my page bro"! Yeah...ok. I realize the internet has definitely brought the world closer but theres still an amount of respect that should be given and received. I think my FEW REAL fans can understand that because they have a certain level of sanity and respect and can leave certain comments and messages without sounding like an a** h0** them selves. But i realize that alot of fans are really the true sense of the word...FANATIC and sumtimes get out of hand...and sum/most people are just plain crazy so u cant really tell them nuffin. (c) yeezy. Sumtimes i can be a little "sharp" or sarcastic or whatever u wanna call it with fans because thats the energy they throw at me. So guess what? Thats the energy they get back. I appreciate everybody that checks out my music as well as the whole lowbudget but the customer/fan is Not always rite...that being said the artist isn't always rite either. So be it. Now... I pretty much picture myself as a "regular dude"(whatever that is)...most people that know me in real life think im an "ok guy" ...but sumtimes u gotta have a Sam Jackson on these man-fans when they get out of pocket. Straight up.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

from 1 of your "sane" fans



LMAO...

have fun in europe, be safe, and god bless!

Anonymous said...

for real tho Kev how u do your bass lines....

nah im just playing lol

as for those fans... they outta control, they outta they minds (yes Dilla).

have a safe trip

Akili from Norf Cack said...

Sharp? That was a great choice of words Kev. lol. Keep killin these cats fam. True smart asses can understand your wit. lol. Who gives a damn anyway, just drop that Random Joints, i need somethin' new for the winter.

Be safe in the Euro

DIRTY.DUNNZ said...

don't sweat it...the same thing is said of many underground artists. usually you appear to be low-key but this blog site makes you appear more personable which helps quiet the haters.

Anonymous said...

don't even pay em no mind kev.

Anonymous said...

shake the haters off. shaka.

Darryl said...

Kev, these dudes is really on your jock dun. Why anyone would care about your personality outside your music making skills? I just don't understand.

Darryl said...

More importantly, how would they know anything about you if they ain't never meet you in person? I've met Kev at a few events in DC & I give him a pound and keep it moving. He's mad cool. I-Haters are a joke.

stones said...

good post mr brown.
the sam jackson part was perfect haha. laughed my lungs out!

good luck on the tour.
peace

Alex said...

Kev,

The women in Melbourne arent fanatics.....hmmmmmm

Antonio said...

Yo Kev,

I think the internet has brought this fake sense of unity, like we are all friends and shit.
But we are not.
Pay stupid people no mind.
And guess what? Despite what we might think, stupid people are still the majority...

ahah

I am just really pissed off that I won't be able to come and see you in Italy...

Prince Omar said...

luv u kev, no doubt these fools gotta pay some respect

Anonymous said...

how you do em huh? you should say by playing them....hahahaha

but kev, for real tho, how do you do your basslines? i wanna go out and do it to every one of my tracks to make it sound like a kev brown beat, since everyone likes your beats, and im not original nor inovative enough to patent my own sound...i figure i can bi..eh um,...borrow yours for the time being...

hillydilly said...

Thanks for the insight. As a fan I like to read these experiences. For me its a shitty situation to actually meet a artist after a show. I gave up on it basically, you guys are busy and tired on the road. The music is all i need.

Anonymous said...

Eres un maestro kev!
respetos desde chile!
tu musica es real mente un manjar de dioses
paz

pd: te dejo my space para que lo revises si gustas

www.myspace.com/frainstrumentos

Anonymous said...

eres un maestro kev!
tu musica es un manjar de dioses
respetos desde chile

te dejo mi space para que revises si puedes
www.myspace.com/frainstrumentos

Instrumental Asylum said...

By the way, I was wondering how you be doin' your basslines? Also, how you get your kick to kick like that, and what about the snare drum crack, right and exact? If you could get back to me asap that'd be great.

People in my whip: Who is this?
Me: Kev Brown, bitch
Elsewhere: Yo what was that last song you just played?
Kev Brown, Ft Grap Luva

Kev Brown Merchandise...


Browse other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

videos...