Thursday, May 31, 2007

they leavin us out...


I don't understand... It seems like every time theres a "real hip hop event" or a radio show that plays "that real ish", the dj seems 2 b stuck n the early to mid 90's. Even n my home town. Stop me if Im wrong but were livin n the 2000 era rite?? Im "underground". Myself along with my whole crew has good material out there.(not hard 2 find either thanks 2 mp3's and serato)... Now cats would b mad if I started deejayin n playin STRICTLY LOWBUDGET joints n I have no desire 2 b a dj at all.
PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL DEEJAYS: There ARE good hip hop records that have come out since 1995! My album came out 2005 along with alot of other good music that has dropped since the early 90's. Yo... STOP LEAVIN US OUT.
Shout out 2 all the college/internet/satellite cats thats playin our joints.

***"Always" instrumenal***
(copy n paste the link to your browser...)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/51b8yp





7 comments:

kagenstyle said...

This is why I started my radio show Kagen Style Radio @ live365.com/stations/lordgangdj. We play mostly new shit. You know how I do Kev. Every Thursday @ 3pm.

Peace,
Tommy Blak

Deux Milliards said...

Thanks for this instrumental, i love this song... anyway, all i can tell you about this topic is when i heard Kev Brown tracks first time, it was in a radio show in Budapest, on Radio Tilos, so there are still some dj who knows good music, even in Hungary...
Peace

(sorry for my bad english)

joseph said...

sup kev you and zack better come back to NY this is joey too fresh it was cool to hang and go to DONUTS lol anyhow hope all is well the Always instrumental is dope let me know whats up peas joey too fresh

Kev G said...

Kev whats good !
Yo know the cipher has good ish..they play ,and to be honest thats the only real hip hop show in dc.You know I support you and the whole low budget, so all my crew and fam will cont to support !
No doubt ...

Afrosoul said...

Hey Kev, I think u one of the Last survining HIP HOP Versatile beings. The first time i heard your joints i was taken.

Am from Africa, Zambia and am tryin to do hip hop too. Its really hard here. Your rhymes are like my thoughts. you so real.

Stylus said...

low budget on Decipher all the time.

D.R. said...

yo Kev, you are speaking the facts right here.

Even up here in Montreal, DJ's before shows always play the same songs. "Award Tour", "Simon Says", "Passin' Me By", "Shook Ones Pt. II", some Nas, some Wu-Tang, and that's it.

Nobody knows about Low Budget, other than the people who I've introduced it to. I'm like everyone's source for hip hop shit.

No jokes, I don't think anyone in this world has listened to more albums than I have...

When I was about 14 I was seriously thinking about buying DJ/production gear, but the shit was too expensive.

So I gotta stick with handing my friends some mp3 mixtapes I make and blowing their minds away by the ill shit I discover.

P.S. I'm not even dickriding or any type shit just because I'm posting on your blog, but no fucking jokes, my top 2 artists right now are without a doubt Kenn Starr and you. All your shit is incredible.

Peace.

Kev Brown Merchandise...


Browse other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

videos...